The benefits of being a community league member are:
- Access to all community league sports and other programs such as Soccer, Basketball, SWAT Hockey, Softball, Tennis, Dance, Karate, etc.
- Fee reduced access for co-sponsored programs offered with the city like bike safety, babysitting, summer skateboard park, girl power, free summer playground program.
- Free swimming and full use of the Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre on Sundays, 5 to 7 p.m. You will require your community league membership card.
- Free swimming at select outdoor pools in Edmonton during the summer. You will require your community league membership card.
- Free skating at any Community League rinks.
- Free skating at the Henderson Park outdoor snow bank rink.
- Free social events, i.e. Family Day Outdoor Party and New Year’s Eve Party.
- Given a voice in all community related decisions.
- Enjoy a healthy recreation in a safe community environment.
- Meet new people.
- Build a sense of community and belonging.
- Get involved in developing or enhancing local parks and recreational facilities.
- Help influence the growth of your community.
- Improve safety and security by getting to know your neighbours.
FYI: Did you know? Your membership fees go directly to support a community league’s operating costs like the community sports and recreation programs. Separate fund raising activities and grant applications must be undertaken to support capital projects like park developments or hall constructions.